The steps associated with processing an order via the tokenization system follow:
- Customer submits an order
- Customer data is transmitted directly to Authorize.NET and a customer ID and profile is created at Authorize.net, if one doesn’t already exist. The customer ID is associated with the customer record on your website.
- The TOKEN, or customer payment profile is created at Authorize.NET and stored on the Clarity Connect servers and is associated with the proper customer and order.
- When ‘Make Payment’ is initiated from the website, the TOKEN is used to validate the sale at Authorize.NET and is compared to the customer and payment profile.
- Authorize.NET returns a transaction id and approval or declined response.
Improved security due to:
- NO sensitive credit card data will be stored on Clarity Connect servers. The NON-Sensitive datathat will be stored is:
- Last 4 of the credit card number
- Card holder name
- Expiration date
- Service code . This code indicates where the card is allowed to be used and for what
- The TOKEN that is stored is associated with the customer and order profile for your site only. If the server is hacked and tokens are accessed, the token will have no value as it cannot be used in any way.
 Storing this data non-encrypted is PCI compliant