Glossary of Terms
This glossary contains business, technology, marketing and printing terms that have been defined from a business perspective and are not intended to be "dictionary" definitions. We hope you find them useful.
- The ability to view, inquire, edit information.
- Capacity to enter or approach
- Microsoft Access is a database management program
Clarity Console gives our customers simple, yet powerful access to update their website and to view & analyze corporate information from disperate sources.
HTML tag that provides alternative text when non-textual elements, typically images, cannot be displayed.
Unfortunately, ALT Tags are commonly omitted from web pages, from the smallest personal pages to the largest web corporate sites. Yet, if properly used, ALT Tags can be quite useful. Among other things, ALT tags can:
- increase the value of a page to search engines such as Google®, Yahoo® and Ask Jeeves®. The text used for the alt tag should be related to the page content and image to help score more "relevancy" points with the search engines
- provide further detail for an image or the destination of a hyperlinked image
- enable and enhance access for people with various disabilities
- provide much-needed information for people who surf the Web with graphics turned off, and people who surf the Web with text-only browsers
- assist in navigation when a graphics-intensive site is being viewed over a slow connection, enabling site visitors to make navigation choices before graphics are fully rendered
Changes made to proofs by the customer.
An alteration is NOT a correction of the designer's or printer's error. Customer alterations will result in additonal charges over the originally quoted price.
Any medium except type that is to be designed or reproduced such as drawings, photographs, paintings, logos, etc.
The average number of times that each person is exposed to an advertising schedule or campaign.
Average Frequency = (GRPs/Reach)
Average Net Paid
Average circulation per issue arrived at by dividing the sum total paid circulation for all the issues of the audit period by the total number of issues.