The Current Crop Editor is phone-friendly website functionality added to your Clarity Console™ Plant Database Manager . This allows you to use your smart phone or tablet connected to the Internet to take current crop pictures and quickly upload to the appropriate plant SKU (sellable size) on your website
As you walk around your nursery and think, 'Dang, that plant looks great!', you can snap a picture and quickly post it to your website as a current crop image.
For your customers who are contemplating purchasing large quantities of a particular variety, you can let them know what it looks like 'right now' to help them with their purchase decision. In fact, we can implement the option for your customers, after logging in, to request a current crop image of a variety and size they are interested in (see the 5th image at the right).
When you upload the image, the appropriate customer(s) will receive an email with a link to the plant record with the current crop image.
When you upload a current crop image, you indicate the expiration date. For example, for flowering shrubs, you might have the image expire in 7 days, bur for an ornamental grass, it might be 30 days.
The 'Current Crop' Image will display first on your plant detail page (see second image at right) until it is removed from your site. The additional images are still available (see third image at right) and can be seen by clicking on the relevant thumbnail.
You can login to your Clarity Console to manage, including updating and deleting, your current crop images (see fourth image at right).
Additionally, we can create a 'What's Hot?' / 'In Bloom' section on your site and automatically display plants with a current crop image in that section of your site. Of course, the plant records would also be displayed in your normal plant library.
In the Custom Settings Editor, you can enter the pixel height and/or width you want as the standard for your current crop images. When you upload the image, Clarity ImageMagic™ will automatically size and optimize your image based on the values you enter.
We can customize either the tool (how you add current crops) or the website and how current crop images display and/or how your customers interact with it. For Mortellaro's Nursery in Texas, we added a 'Request Current Crop Photo' option that is available for their customers after logging in IF a current crop image is not present. Their customers can request 5 images per day. Once the image is uploaded, they are automatically notified by the website that the image(s) they requested are available on the website.
Use your smart phone or tablet connected to the Internet to access the appropriate link (login required) and follow these steps:
1) Select Image Typed: Options are:
2) Featured plant? If yes, the plant will display in the featured plant/hot picks/etc. section of your site. There are times when you are taking a current crop photo at the request of a customer and it might not be at its prime, so you would select ‘No’ to not have it be a featured plant.
3) Add Image:
5) Plant ID Code: After 3 characters are entered in the text input box, matching SKUs start to display in the drop down. As you keep entering characters it narrows the results down further. Once you see the proper SKU, you select it.
6) Photo Expiration Date. Default is 7 days, but can select from 7, 14, 21, 30 and 60 days.
7) Display on Website?
8) Email Only Comments: The text entered here would go via email to the customer(s) requesting this particular current crop photo.
9) Photo Rotation. With certain devices, an image taken in portrait mode on the phone will need to be rotated. The options are 90° Left, 90° Right and 180°
10) Submit: Submits the image and updates the website in real-time