Signup for Google Analytics (GA)
If you do not have access to a Google Analytics (GA) account that was linked to your previous website, you will need to set up a new account.
You can sign up here: Google Analytics Sign Up
- Click the ‘Start for Free’ button under Google Analytics (GA).
- Choose an email account to link to the GA account - does not have to be a gmail account, but does need to be linked to Google.
- Click SIGN UP. fill in the blank fields. During the GA questionnaire, you can also exclude IP addresses for the office so that those visits to the website are not included in the GA data.
- Click ADMIN
- In the Property column, click Data Streams, then click to web data stream to add your website. Your “G-” Measurement ID appears in the upper right portion of the panel.
- Submit that G- ID to email@example.com. Our developer will implement it for your website.
Once the site is live, you will be able to login to Google Analytics to view the stats on the website visitors/traffic patterns.